TOP 10 GlintsXHackathon Project: Absolute Board Storming (ABS) System
Hi! I want to tell you about my GlintsXHackathon project. We called it Absolute Board Storming (ABS) System. Let me introduce my teammates in Team 8. There are Christovorus, Ghina Sujanifa Hana, Eddy, and me.
First thing first, I want to explain the event. Glints X Hackathon is one of the events of Glints X Career Week 2021 which is held on 22–27 July 2021. The topic of this event are:
- Intimate Collaborations, Remotely
- Prepared for Today, Ready for Tomorrow
- Job Search & Career Discovery 2.0
We chose the topic Intimate Collaborations, Remotely because we related to that topic and have problems when we collaborate remotely since the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way people work in many areas of work. In a pandemic situation, there are many jobs that can we work remotely. Remote work is really simple, practical, enjoyable, and many employees like it. But, in addition to internet connection problems, there are some problems like there is no application that provides all of the features and requirements that we need. One of the problems for remote work is work management that quite hard so there are many miscommunications.
I took a part in the research process including creating a value proposition canvas and competitive analysis. From the value proposition canvas, we found some users’ pains and gains. The user’s pains are:
- Initial ability to adapt to this platform in terms of age and technological ability
- The problem of misunderstanding in an idea and concept due to the transition to this platform
- Use of unsupported networks or bad networks experienced by some people
Also, the user’s gains are:
- Reliable service
- A platform that provides a virtual board so that it can be used to support work from home during the brainstorming and meeting process
- Makes the feeling of meeting in work from home more inspiring and colorful
- Make ideas more valuable.
- Interpersonal support services in daily work
From user’s pains and gains, we deliver pain relievers and gain creators. For pain relievers are:
- Reduce and minimize the obstacles of different opinions in conducting meetings
- Prevent and reduce misunderstandings in meetings and differences in results received in meetings
- Reduce errors that can affect personal and company performance
- Avoid being stuck in giving opinions and ideas and creations in meetings
Also for gain creators are:
- This makes it easier to make the idea more valuable. Project management is easier and more focused.
- Making video conferences more lively team members can feel the sensation of being in a meeting room together.
- Users can do virtual brainstorming with a similar experience to the real thing
- Users can express ideas and ideas spontaneously and other team members can add or make revisions if needed.
Besides the value proposition canvas, we also created competitive analysis such as competitive service and product SWOT analysis.
I think this project has a big opportunity because working from home or remote working be more common nowadays since our project has strength will be support employee to do their task from home or everywhere.
Finally, this project bring us to the top 10 finalists and we got a chance to get feedbacks from the judges. Although we aren’t the winner, I really happy to get this opportunity and new experience for me because this is my first time joining a hackathon event.